Hello and welcome to https://www.ripstation.com. We are currently in the process of setting up our website, so please bear with us.
We look forward to keeping you informed on sales funnel and helping you understand why you need a sales funnel. This site will give you insight into why a sales funnel is a secret weapon for marketers, entrepreneurs, and businesses.
Why Sales Funnel?
In this article, you are going to gain insight on why you should use a sales funnel for your business and how to set up one for your business.
For starters, it is referred to as a sales funnel because a large number of customers will often start at the top and become aware of your product, brand or business, but not all of them will pass all the way down to the narrow tip of the funnel.
In other words, some of your customers will progress from awareness to interest, and interest to decision making, but most of them will slowly drop out. Those who are left will take action by either making a purchase or giving their email address.
The sales funnel is like a sieve, which means that there’s a probability your leads or prospects will drop out before they complete the entire process or before they become actual customers. When using a funnel, your work is to ensure that your customers progress from one level to the next. You do this by making it easy and logical for your potential customers to do business with your company.
For more info on why you ned one, see my detailed post on sales funnels here.
Process of Making a Sale
Before making a sale, a customer will often go through five steps. They include:
- Awareness: Let your leads and prospects know you exist, which can be through word of mouth, advertising or social media
- Education : Enlighten your leads on why they should purchase your product or service.
- Evaluation : It is at this stage that your prospective customer is thinking of buying. Your work is to give them the advantages of your product or service.
- Engagement: Some leads tend to get stuck at this stage. Your work will be to nudge them to purchase your product or service without appearing like you are forcing them.
- Purchase or commitment: Viola, you have converted your leads or prospects into customers and a sale has been made.
How to Create A Funnel
Below is a step-by-step process for creating a sales funnel:
- The first step is to know the people you are targeting
- Build a relationship with your leads or prospects through offers and content. You make use of free items that will not only help your potential customers, but also make them eager to want to find out more about your business.
- The next step is to create the free item, which could be an ecourse, guide, checklist or any other freebie that they will find useful.
- Create a squeeze page, which you will use to collect emails and add them to your email marketing list
- You can send your leads or potentials to a sales funnel from the free content or offers or probably start sending them useful content on a regular basis.
- Allow them to download the free item. You can make use of a welcome email or a page.
A sales and marketing funnel is a proven way of getting leads and making sales. The funnel normally starts when leads or prospects visit your site, to the time they decide to make a purchase via the sales funnel. The purchase can be directly from your site or through email marketing.
If you want to learn more, please watch the video below on how to create a squeeze page that will get you a monster email list.